Above question just popped up in my mind. I thought of the following plausible options:
- It is an expression of our creativity, just like other forms like painting etc
- We use writing as a means to vent our feelings.
- we seek feedback of others to what we think especially when we feel we are really thinking something great 🙂 🙂
- We like positive feedback, praise or appreciation on our posts apart from fulfilling one or more of above mentioned reasons.
- We wish to tell someone something which we dont want to tell specifically to that person and use public post as a means to convey without actually owning up the responsibility of conveying that thing to that person, whatever this means !!! 🙂
- We feel that in a way we are maintaining an account of our life (which could be utilized when we write our autobiography in future !! 🙂 🙂
- We tend to write innumerable tiny and sweet/funny/memorable incidents about our family/spouse/kids which we feel we might forget if we dont pen it today. 🙂
- We feel that in future we would enjoy reading our old posts esp when we read about past struggles which we somehow overcame.
- we wish that our kids would read our post in future and feel good to read it especially when they read about our expressions of love for them 🙂
- Just to keep the practice of writing lest you forget this talent !! 🙂
Stopping here for now , will keep updating.
You may add your own points 🙂 🙂