Above question just popped up in my mind. I thought of the following plausible options:
- It is an expression of our creativity, just like other forms like painting etc
- We use writing as a means to vent our feelings.
- we seek feedback of others to what we think especially when we feel we are really thinking something great 🙂 🙂
- We like positive feedback, praise or appreciation on our posts apart from fulfilling one or more of above mentioned reasons.
- We wish to tell someone something which we dont want to tell specifically to that person and use public post as a means to convey without actually owning up the responsibility of conveying that thing to that person, whatever this means !!! 🙂
- We feel that in a way we are maintaining an account of our life (which could be utilized when we write our autobiography in future !! 🙂 🙂
- We tend to write innumerable tiny and sweet/funny/memorable incidents about our family/spouse/kids which we feel we might forget if we dont pen it today. 🙂
- We feel that in future we would enjoy reading our old posts esp when we read about past struggles which we somehow overcame.
- we wish that our kids would read our post in future and feel good to read it especially when they read about our expressions of love for them 🙂
- Just to keep the practice of writing lest you forget this talent !! 🙂
Stopping here for now , will keep updating.
You may add your own points 🙂 🙂
Times change and so do we and I am not talking about just our nature but also about our appearance, looks,physique or figures , all such traits we feel so proud of and sometimes even feel arrogant about.
These days going through the book titled Rajesh Khanna-The untold story and the life story of this first and probably only superstar tells interesting tale about how time changes everything from our thinking to even our attitude and behavior. One interesting aspect was when Rajesh Khanna expects his girl friend Anju Mahendroo to treat him with same adulation (read no nagging or dissent forget criticism) and it appears even funny to read this but then had we been in his shoes we would probably have fared worse after getting all that surreal fame and fortune.
Its important that we do not take ourselves too seriously and remain humble and grateful in life as all that we may be proud of today be it intelligence, temperament,health or appearance may not exist tomorrow.
I am posting below few pics of past and present of few actresses as these were readily available, no gender discrimination ☺☺. Wont waste further energy as keeping water less and food less fast with wife on occasion of karvachauth and feeling thirsty :):)
The comment section in my posts is not working despite it being enabled in the settings. I have also sent message to WP support. The strange thing is that the settings in WP mobile app and those on personal computer probably are not in sync. As I use both medium it probably creates issues.
WordPress to take note and rectify the same.
Update: It worked for this post but not still not working for earlier posts !!!. It seems i will have to reblog those posts 🙂
I love songs especially those sung by kishore kumar and composed by R D Burman or Pancham Da as he is popularly called.
Many songs from these two greats have touched my soul and provided me many answers to many questions posed by life from time to time:).
I can spend a day singing or humming any song without feeling bored. When i first came to Mumbai few months back and was exploring the city the song i would hum while moving around was “kya mausam hai aye deewaane dil…koi hamdam hai chaahat ke kaabil…chal kahi door nikal jaaye ” so this song would now always remind me of my initial carefree and explorer days of Mumbai when i reached here 🙂
While i love songs with all my spirit and soul , i am pretty bad at lyrics, only knowing a couple of lines or words and self making or hmmming the rest part. This i feel is lot of disservice to those great people who created such wonderful artform :).
Also, as i dont know lyrics of a single song, i am unable to sing it before general public and have to be satisfied with torturing my core family by making them audience to my not so good voice 🙂 :).
So here i have decided to learn lyrics of a few songs. I have written down the lyrics of the song “zindgi ke safar me….” (below) but never realized it was such a long song :(.
Poor crammer as i am let me see how long it takes for me to memorize these and be able to sing this song correctly without aid of written words 🙂