Couple of days back deciding on an impulse to bid WordPress goodbye I deleted my old site. The website did make me confirm before reluctantly following my command and then I became blogless.
Less than 24 hours later I realized i should not have done what I did the the process of retrieving my lost post started..SOS were sent to couple of blog friends and couple of mails to wordpress support.
After wasting significant time I was able to retrieve my old posts and reposted the same here but without comments and pics. Further I lost all old blog stats including all followers!
- Never decide anything on impulse. Even if you feel you have decided after considering all factors, wait a day before implementing the same unless its emergence 🙂
- When a decision is taken impulsively, the mind tricks us into believing that we are taking this decision under immense clarity of thought and fake confidence is high.
- Once you have implemented a impulsive (more likely a bad decision) decision, regret and learn but do not overdo it.
- Try to undo the damage if possible but be prepared to start afresh.
- Also, do not let your ego to prevent you from seeking help from your friends.
- 6 Last but most important learn from the follies of others (here me) instead of making mistakes and then learning 🙂
Thanks for reading.
Update 1 ( on 19-08-2016)
The most important thing that i missed including above is that one should always appreciate what one has be they closed ones or other such blessings blessing like home,job,health…the list can go on, and never to take anything for granted especially the love of those who are part of our family. Thats for now, will keep updating as and when required :).